=>3500 Eiger: The Monster

Welcome

Getting feedback is important to our writers.

Let us know what you liked or what you learned.
Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capital letters. Children should have an adult check it!

2. Choose an identity. Select Name/Url and leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like. Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.:-) Mr Ahmed

Visitor Counter

Wednesday 23 April 2014

2 The Monster

The atmosphere was suffocating. Wafts of sulphurous flames rapidly engulfed the pale granite ceilings, as the glowing light leaked through the steel doors... Shivering, I recoiled from the compelling monster, the smoke mingling with the agonising burn of the grotesque creature. Cautiously, the vague figure, who's feet softly whispered towards me, cruelly pierced his eyes deep down into mine - his eyes a shocking crimson red... Why did I venture around this tunnel? Why did my curiosity lead me to my death? Why did I have to discover the map? Standing frozen on the ground, I winced at the torrent of thoughts that came cascading through my head, even though, I forced them out. The eerie landscape shall be forever engraved in my mind; the monster's eyes continued to lock with mine. However, my unsteady feet moved back, releasing me from the glare of the creature.
"Let me go!" I screamed frantically, struggling... A blizzard of thoughts wrecked my questions while the monster smiled, devilishly. Consequently, the large looming shadow casting down on me ghosted back. In a blur, the monster sauntered forward to kill me...

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER!!!!!
    * I really love you vocabulary (mingling, devilishly, sauntered, cascading, engraved, looming, winced)
    *You have included metaphors successfully. (A blizzard of thoughts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you used cliff hanger to make effect. You used a good range of connectives such as consequently and causitously

    ReplyDelete